Monday, June 27, 2011

The Hunger Games, A Phenomenal Read! #HungerGames #SuzanneCollins #JenniferLawrence #Mockingjay

Get your free Hunger Games: Catching Fire Physical District ID Pass Printed at CafePress!

Clearly, I loove the Red Dress - love that bit! Love it all - amazing books, great movies... the sort of books and movies you don't want to say tooooo much about, because, even though you know what's going on, you want each and every person to come to them fresh, you know? I know you know! lol!

I got these pics from Public Images of The Hunger Games, Mockingjay - oh, man, how desperate are you for a Mockingjay pin, now, to show your solidarity? lol! Me, too! : )










The Hunger Games
, by Suzanne Collins.  OMG, I have just finished the third book in The Hunger Games Trilogy, and what an amazing read that was.... I couldn't put it down!  We have it on The Kindle, so as soon as I finished Book One in the Trilogy, The Hunger Games, I ran through to my daughter, Cara (it's her Kindle!), and said, oh, put me on Book 2!!  Then when I was finished Catching Fire (Book 2), I ran to find Cara, again, to get her to put on Book 3, Mockingjay... I haven't bothered to take the time to learn how to change the books on the Kindle, myself, and I didn't want to stop reading The Hunger Games long enough to learn... I'll learn tomorrow, so I can start reading some D.H. Lawrence I'd added to the Kindle a while back...

Wow, it's hard to even know what to say about The Hunger Games, because I don't want to give anything away, it's just that good.... but I DO want everyone and their dog to get a copy and read it... the BEST summer reading, ever!  (And, no, I am NOT prone to exageration! lol!).... Really, I just couldn't put the books down.  It's one of those books (the whole trilogy) that you have to know what happens next.  It moves quickly, you get really attached to the characters... you just need to know!  You're gonna looove these books. You'll love the characters... Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Finnick....Haymitch!  And I would say The Hunger Games are ageless... any age can enjoy these books. (Well, maybe not for the two year olds in the crowd, but they're such slow readers, anyway.... lol!  But you know, within reason....)  Now I'd like to read whatever Suzanne Collins has ever written...

Now what I really, really want, is a Mockingjay Pin... so I'll start looking online, see what I can find.  I am excited about The Hunger Games movie... I saw the actress who is supposed to star in it.. Jennifer Lawrence, very pretty girl, so I pictured her in the role of Katniss right away.... she's an excellent fit for this incredible role.  Man, now I can hardly wait to see how they make The Hunger Games into a movie... will be a wild ride!
There's a few of fan sites you might like to check out, too... http://mockingjay.net/, and http://jabberjays.com/,   www.thehungergames.co.uk , and of course my regular website http://www.buildyourownhouse.ca/ , where I have zillions and zillions of pages... no exageration there, either! lol!   Read The Hunger Games... you'll loooove it!! (Plus, let's say you're reading The Hunger Games at the beach, and some gorgeous creature comes up to you and they love it , too... see, now you KNOW you have something in common, and not just a tremendous love of beer (I'm assuming... lol!)...

Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset 


Visit The Hunger Games Fan Portal

No comments:

Post a Comment