Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Bachelorette: Ashley and Bentley, Sitting in a Tree..... or is she out on a limb??

Oh, Ashley, poor little Ashley... she's in the middle of a storm of unrequited love with that loser, Bentley... or is Bentley smarter than we thought??  Pretty clever, to get on TV, be the most talked-about Bachelorette Contestant in ages, and he hasn't even told us what business it was he wanted to promote... and I'd like to know! Luckily for us, we'll maybe get to find out, because is Bentley actually coming back on the show?? Say it ain't so.... oooh, that crazy Bachelorette! 

Of course, he'll only be on to further his fame, but little Ashley won't perceive it like that, not at all... the poor girl is smitten.  But smitten after only a few weeks?  Man, I can hardly remember relationships I've had for years! hahahahaha!  Okay, that's just for my own amusement... and partly because I had THE most bizarre 'old boyfriend' crap happen to me a couple of weeks ago, no kidding... I got an email from an old (and I mean OLD) boyfriend, to let me know he just got married.  I wrote back, congratulations.... this was followed by THE meannest email from him, listing all the reaons why I didn't marry him.. talk about stored up anger... now, it might be of interest to let you know I was a TEENAGER when I went out with this now-lunatic, and he's well into his FIFTIES... yuuuuck!  And RECENTLY MARRIED.. .. gross!!!  He should be concentrating on his new marriage, not reminiscing about some crap that went down thirty years ago... crazy.  Crazy with a capital 'C'.... the kind of Crazy you'd move to another country to avoid (but maybe that's just me! hahaha!)  So get this.... his big claim to fame, and Very Good Reason for why I should have married him was that he WASHED THE DISHES.  Oh, yes.  I did miss out on quite a catch, right there.... silly me.  Too bad they invented dishwashers, and NORMAL men, so I didn't HAVE to marry that Crazy.... man, the things people hold on to, but that's what happens in unrequited love... the one person keeps on loving the other person, looong after the one who's lost interest has moved along.... (can you tell how furious I was at all that crap being dragged to the surface after 30 years??  Who does that??  Someone who needs a boatload o' therapy, that's who.... lol!) (Oh, and for the record, I don't really think anyone, let alone meeee, is 'old' unless they infuriate me -- any age will do -- or they are approaching 160 years old... and I will change that number as I get closer to 160 years old, too! lol!)

But, alas, unrequited love happens to the best of us, and it's definitely happened to me, too, twice that I can think of... and I think I might have caused it a few times, to... what can I say, I love to love ya', baby! hahahaha! (Yep, I grew up in da '70s!! lol!)  But unrequited love is sooo hard to deal with.  It hurts.  Poor Ashley, she can't get over Bentley because it just happened (literally, last week! lol!), so she hasn't had a chance to work her way through it, try to come out the other side a healthier person... not, yet, anyway.  I always think, the very best way to get over your unrequited love is to find an even bigger, better, love, get swept away by the next person you fall in love with (yes, there will always be another person for you out there... that's a big load of BS that there's only ONE person for every ONE individual... puh-leeease, there are billions of us on the planet, there'll be a whole pile of 'someone elses' for you, it's just a waiting game, like fishing... just cast your net forth, see what you can drag back in! lol! Noooo, don't drag anything in... just go about your business, enjoy your life, and the next 'right one' will come along, you'll see...

So now I'm excited to see what will happen next week on The Bachelorette... it was looking pretty pathetic, there, for a bit, where, basically, it was a free trip around the world for a great group of handsome men, and one little love-lost girl named Ashley... but she seemed to come alive a bit for her 'golf lesson' with Lucas, and she has a little connection with Ben F.  Hey, am I the only one who notices that they don't seem to take any note of 'the help'??  Seems pretty awful.  You can tell a LOT about someone's character by the way they treat the waiter or waitress, and anyone else who is helping them in some way.... it only takes a second to be nice and polite, and people who are dismissive are jerks (really, you know the word I'd really like to use...).  It's always interesting to me who thinks they are 'above' being nice... ugh.  They're horrible people.  Everyone should have to do some sort of Service work in their life so they will always be kind to their server... and will leave a decent tip, too (just had to throw that in there! lol!).

But I digress (whaaaat??).... the thing I want to see, next week on The Bachelorette, is how the other guys will react to Bentley being there, in the hotel, and Ashley leaping up on him (is this something tiny people do?  I don't recall doing this in my life... maybe at a fancy cocktail party, or an upscale wine and cheese, but nowhere else, I'm pretty sure.. hahahahaha!).  Women may be more likely to forgive an unrequited love situation, and try for the guy, anyway, but will the men do the same?  I'm not sure, that's why I need to watch, see if I can learn a little something about men, since they are often like a little mystery to me! hahaha! 

So, if you happen to be dealing with a little unrequited love, right now, and can't quite seem to get over a lost love, and you're doing like little Ashley, and constantly thinking of that person, try changing your thoughts to, 'oh, I'm thinking about that, again.. I'll think about flowers, or money, or business, or whatever else you like to think about... but NOT that person.... if that person wants you, you'll know it.  Better yet, they'll let you know it.  You're much better to get on with your life, find someone waaaay better, maybe rub it in their nose, or something... see, I'm full of great and very mature ideas! hahahaha!  Nooo, I kid.... just move on and be happy.  I hope Ashley learns that lesson while she still has all those eligible bachelors there... those are some seriously nice fellows, and she could be really happy with one of them... if she can leave Bentley behind.... Good Luck, L'il Ashley!!    Ailsa xox

No comments:

Post a Comment