Thursday, December 8, 2011

#Shortbread the Easy Way : ) #ShortbreadCookies #EasyCookieRecipes #Yum! #OnlineGroceryDelivery #NoEggs #ButterCookies #Cookies


Yay!! I just added Amazon.ca, for all my lovely Canadian Friends!! Yippee, eh?! lol! 


Shortbread the Easy Way : )
 I love the Double Batch the best - and then I make up 2 other sets of the Dry Ingredients, so your next batch of Shortbread is even easier and faster to make - yahoo!!
Double Batch of Shortbread (you might as well make a lot, you'll love them! lol!)
2 Cups Flour

1 Cup Icing Sugar


1 Cup Corn Starch


1 1/2 Cups Margarine or Butter, or a mix of both (3 bricks of margarine, melted, 1 minute in the microwave, baby!)


Some Sugar to sprinkle on top of the cookies, right before they go in the oven : ) Ah'Yum!

Mix the Dry Ingredients, sift with your hands

Roll into balls - a big ball, first, then roll it between your hands, like you're making a snake : )

Slice with a knife, kind'a round out the edges, if you want round Shortbread Cookies

I always bake on Parchment Paper, makes everything amazing!

Bake at 350 for about 15 - 20 minutes, keep an eye on them, take out the oven when very lightly golden on the bottom : )

Pop in the fridge - Enjoy!! 

I put the extra baggies of the Dry Ingredients in the fridge, and if you have an extra roll of the dough, just wrap in Plastic Wrap, refrigerate until you want to slice and bake that, too - whenever you run out of the first round o' shortbread Cookies - lol! ; )


#Shortbread #ShortbreadCookies #EasyCookieRecipes #Yum! 

#OnlineGroceryDelivery 

#NoEggs #ButterCookies #Cookies! 

Shopping! A whole lot of great deals for you!

My Favorite New Shortbread - yum!!
Heyyoo! It's me, Ailsa! Now I'm making Shortbread, year-round, because everybody loves it, and it's so easy a'schmeasy to make - plus, I make the 'make-ahead bags', now, so I make 2 extra double-bags, pop them in the fridge, for the next time I might want to make some delicious Shortbread - yahoo! Yum!

AND, thankfully, I actually remembered to label the bags with the amounts in them, and how much butter and margarine I'll need to add - melted, of course - no need to struggle to make delicious Shortbread, any more! : )

And now I just routinely have half butter, half margarine - is always really good, but if you want to go straight up on the butter, or straight up on the margarine, is all good, you'll love your Shortbread cookies any way you make them, and your house will smell delicious, too! Yum!
                      *******

Hellooo!  Well, it's almost Christmas, and what do you love at Christmas (other than the Christmas Carols and Presents!! lol!) -- Shortbread!  Yum!  Shortbread is always delicious (this recipe is craaaazy deelicious!), and I always thought it was too hard to make, and, frankly, not mine to make, since my Mum's Scottish shortbread is insanely delicious, and it always looked like a whole lot of work to me, and with a tricky, unpredictable result (in short, I thought I wouldn't be able to make it... )  But a few years back, our lovely Church, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Belleville, Ontario, Canada -- so gorgeous, with a fantastic, young, enthusiastic, brilliant Minister, Anne-Marie Jones (her Dad, Bob Jones, was my Minister out in Picton, Ontario, and he officiated at my first wedding -- I've had two (lol!), and would like to have a third wedding, but this time, someone truly kind...I think you know where I'm going with that (no meannies! Only Goodies!! haha!), and Bob baptised my lovely daughter Cara, and Anne-Marie was Cara's very first babysitter, when Anne-Marie was a teenager -- so we've come full circle to come back to our wonderful Church -- I'm feelin' my roots! lol!

Holiday Sales and Clearance Sales - Yahoo! I love a great sale, any time of year! Same as my fave Shortbread - every day is a good day, for Shortbread - don't wait for the holidays to come around ! 

Anyway, our Church has a Shortbread Fundraiser every Christmas, so of course I do a lot of baking for the Church, so I signed up to make the Shortbread, determined to learn how to make it, and now I'm making it by the dozen (fer real -- yesterday, I made 5 dozen Shortbread Cookies (okay, I ate some of those, too! lol!)... I was baking Shortbread 'til I ran out of Icing Sugar and Corn Starch! Pretty funny!

So if you have been looking for a really easy, no-fail Shortbread Recipe, you've come to the right place (and I hope you try my other recipes, too, or maybe decide to build your own house, too (make cookies, build a house, whatever, all in a few months work! lol!)... I'll show you how to do all sorts of things!! The Easy Schmeasy Way, just the way I like things to be -- easy schmeasy!

Easy Schmeasy Shortbread!
Easy Schmeasy No-Fail Shortbread


1 cup Flour
1/2 cup Corn Starch
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
3/4 cup Butter (you can easily use half butter, half margarine)


Sugar for sprinkling (Sprinkle liberally!)


Omg, could that beee any easier?? lol!  And no eggs, so if you or your child, or someone you know who is coming over for a visit, is allergic to eggs, this is a great treat!

Bake Shortbread in the oven, at 300 Degrees F. for about 20 minutes... may take longer... your house is gonna smell heavenly... 

I'm still waiting for my second batch of Shortbread  to finish baking. has been in there for well past 40 minutes... sometimes you'll cut it a little thicker, and can take more time - don't worry, it'll be delicious, just wait for your Shortbread to be very lightly brown on the bottom, if that... will all be delicious, with a little delicious 'crisp' to it - yum! 

Double Batch of Shortbread Cookies, even better!

2 Cups of Flour 


1 Cup of Corn Starch 


1 Cup of Icing Sugar (mixed it with your hands - you just sift it through your fingers, is fun!) 


Add in 1 1/2 Cups of Butter, or Butter/Margarine Mix : ) OR (3 Squares of Margarine - Melt it in the microwave for 1 minute)


You know what? I just put the half butter, half margarine in the microwave for about 50 seconds, mixed it with a knife (I used the Plastic 2 Cup Measuring Cup), and added it to the Double Batch of the Shortbread Mix, and since I already had the knife to stir the butter/margarine, then I just used the knife to mix the dough, and it was soo much easier than my usual (and favorite!) wooden spoon - who knew? Really cut down on the amount of work to mix in the Butter! And was a perfect texture, and now it's in the oven - yahoo!! Yippee! 

AND, you can easily bake your Shortbread Biscuits, Cookies, at 350 - will be faster, and will always taste great! No Worries! 

You just take out your Shortbread when it's very light on the top, lightly browned on the bottom - will be a'deeelish! Yum! : )

Everything you need for delicious shortbread... so easy!

Cream the Butter and Icing Sugar - now I just mix it all in the same big bowl, just melt the butter/margarine first, will be soo easy! : ) 
You'll need one large bowl and one medium sized bowl... I pop the butter/margarine mix into the microwave for about 30 - 40 seconds to soften it, then stir 'til that's smooth, then add in the Icing Sugar, and cream them together...

You know what? Now I just make all the dry ingredients (and I make a couple of extra double batches, put the dry ingredients in baggies, pop in the fridge for the next time I make shortbread) in one big bowl, there's no need to separate it out - you'll get the same great texture, no bother... and I melt the butter/margarine mix for about 50 seconds in the microwave, stir that butter/margarine mix with a knife, then pour into the dry ingredients, mix with the knife - will be soo fast and easy, you'll be shocked and amazed, and super-excited, to see how incredibly easy this Shortbread is to make : )


Such a great idea to pre-make the Shortbread Mix - just remember, it's 2:1:1 

2 cups flour, 1 cup icing sugar, 1 cup corn starch - love it! So easy!


I just get everything out, and you'll 'sift' it all together with your fingers - is so fluffy!

 Just ignore any old-fashioned ideas on how to make your shortbread - you wouldn't necessarily do everything else the old fashioned way, so step into the present with your Shortbread, too - will be just as delicious, and a whole lot easier and faster : )

 See the butter or margarine (I usually use 1/2 a cup of butter, 1 cup of margarine, but you can do whatever mix you like - all butter, all margarine - whatever you have in the house, put it in a microwave safe container - mine is the same plastic measuring cup I use for the rest of the recipe...and then just pop that in the microwave for 50 seconds, unless it's really cold, then maybe a little longer... )

And then use your knife to stir the butter/margarine, to remove most of the 'lumps', melt it a little more, then pour that right into your Shortbread mix, and then use the knife to mix it into the flour base... will be shockingly easy!

 Your Shortbread will look like large crumbles, and then you take a handful at a time, will make 3 handfuls, and just form it into a ball - will be super easy, and just pass it from hand to hand, easily, nothing hard about this, like you're playing with a baseball? Maybe? lol! 


  And then you'll roll it between your hands like you're making a log, or a snake, if you liked to play with Plasticine when you were a kid : ) 


 I never put it in the fridge before I slice the cookies, any more - it's completely unnecessary - I like to simplify a recipe, wherever I can - I think the old way to make cookies and especially Shortbread, seemed overly complicated, and so hardly any people were even trying to make it, and that just doesn't need to be the case - is super easy, and sooo crazy-delicious, you and your whole family, and all you' friends, will go crazy for it, is so lovely and light! 


And here it is, with the roll cut - you can do very thin slices if you love crispy Shortbread, and thicker slices (1/4 inch would be a thick slice), but you'll just naturally cut the size you like : )

And then, of course, I put the little slices on the parchment paper on the cookie trays, and sprinkle liberally with sugar - that's the Big Secret to making a lot of you baking, even more delicious! lol! More sugar! haha!




And now back to the original part o' mah' Shortbread page... lol! 


Put the flour and corn starch in the big bowl, and mix well. Fold in the creamy icing sugar and butter mixture. Stir until crumbly (at this point, you'll start thinking -- or, at least I started thinking -- hey, wouldn't this make a delicious Crumble for the top of a cheesecake, or any other kind of pie?? -- Always thinkin', I am! lol!)

Anyway, so you're going to make sure all the flour/corn starch is mixed in with the butter/sugar combo, then make sure your hands are really, really clean, and divide the dough in half (roughly, I hardly ever measure anything...), pick it up in your hands and squish it together to form a large ball, then pass it back and forth from hand to hand until it's nice and smooth... will be very fast... and it's not really like kneading the dough, more an easier method of kneading, I guess! lol!

Now I don't bother with refrigerating the roll of Shortbread Dough, either - just go ahead and slice it right after you've made it, and then if you have some extra - I usually have an extra roll to put in the fridge, to bake another day, or give away to someone you love - lol! But just take this out the fridge and let it warm up, to make it super-easy to slice and make the cookies - and remember to use the Parchment Paper and sprinkle on the sugar : )  the Parchment Paper isn't necessary, it's just fantastic, and about a Dollar at the Dollar Store - might be $1.25 - lol! 

Take a square of Plastic Wrap, and gently roll out your dough between your hands, like you're making a snake out of playdough (remember that in elementary school, or yesterday, if you're still in elementary school?? hahaha!), but make a big fat snake, about an inch in diameter. Just use your eye to judge :)  Wrap the Shortbread roll up in the plastic wrap, then pop it in the fridge for about 15 minutes, then do the next guy... you can easily double this batch, and that'll make 4 shortbread rolls...

Now for the really easy way to make perfect shortbread rounds...

See how easy??
Take the dough out of the fridge... using a nice sharp knife, cut 1/4 inch slices from the roll, and place on your cookie tray.  I always line the cookie tray with Parchment Paper, makes everything you bake amazing...

Reshape the circle of shortbread after you've cut it from the roll, to make it nice and pretty (!), and give each piece it's own space on the cookie sheet... 4 per row, usually... I make so much shortbread, I just use every possible available cookie sheet I have, so I use the pizza pan, too (!)

Now here's what takes this shortbread over-the-top (and I use this trick for my Banana Bread, too... yum!!), liberally, and I mean, a lot, sprinkle sugar over each shortbread cookie.  don't worry about making a mess, especially if you're using the parchment paper... just make sure each piece of shortbread has a generous sprinkle of sugar (you can use colored sugar to sprinkle, too.. kids love that sort of thing (!)...

Sprinkle with LOTS of Sugar : )
Pop your Shortbread in the oven, at 300 Degrees Farenheit for about 20 minutes... may take longer... your house is gonna smell heavenly... oh, they should make a shortbread scent!  Would be delicious! The key is to take the shortbread out when it's still white, lightly brown on the bottom.  If you happen to forget about your shortbread in the oven, and it gets a little brown on the top, too, no worries... you'll eat those ones, first! lol!

See how light the shortbread is when they come out the oven? 
If you're not sure whether it's done, take the shortbread out of the oven, try one cookie, then decide. You'll be surprised at how light they are when they're actually done :)  (okay, now try another cookie, and another, then just one more... see how that happens?? That's why I have to take my shortbread right over to the Church, for the Bake Sale, so I don't eat them all myself!! hahaha! I would happily have Shortbread for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and all snacks in-between, so I must monitor meself! Which begs the question, 'Can a girl (me!) survive on Shortbread, alone? What if it's really good Shortbread?? lol!


Okay, go make youse own shortbread, now -- you're gonna go crazy for these Shortbread Cookies!

Much Cookie Love, Ailsa xox!

Get Free Recipes and Coupons
I had to deliver the Shortbread to the Church before I 'accidentally' ate it all! lol!



winebasket.com - Free Shipping on Wine Baskets


Shop Over 40 Holiday Gift Baskets on Free Shipping from CapalbosOnline.com



Okay, 'til next time!! Go haz you'self Lots of Love!! Ailsa : )



   Wow, that's a great idea!  Text books are soo expensive! 


Get 140 Channels for $29.99 a month for 12 months. Order DIRECTV Today!  (Because I juust got my Cable Bill - $156.18, and that doesn't even include HBO - whatdahells?? That's crazy! we need these alternatives, get to watch ALL our favorite shows, without it costing a fortune!)

Soo, apparently my stooopid cable bill has gone down a little bit (now I'm in Victoria, BC, Canada), but from $180/month to $156.18? No. That's ridiculous. We are being majorly ripped off in Canada. I hope the new government can help get Canadian Consumers much better deals, allow fair competition, and stop these companies in Canada from gauging the Canadian Public - that's not okay. 

(See, this is why me needs more cookies! hahaha!) 

I am soo done with my cable bill - $180/month???  Whatdahell?, as James on BB would say - lol!  That's too high - so unreasonable... I love these new companies that are giving us real options, so you can still watch all your favorite TV shows, and easily save sooo much money... is the best!

No Cable. No Dish. Just KlowdTV.HD Stream. No Contract. Cancel Anytime.Stream on you desktop, mobile, tablet or TV.HD Stream. No Contract. Cancel Anytime.

Live streaming TV packages starting at $6.98/Month


Today I just made a couple of extra bags of the shortbread Mix - sometimes, that seems like such a hassle, to see if you can find some Corn starch and Icing Sugar... even though it's super-easy to mix, it does seem like a hassle before you actually make your delicious Shortbread, soo... I just made 2 extra Double Batches, so, 2 Cups of Flour, 1 Cup of Corn Starch, 1 Cup of Icing Sugar, mixed it with my hands - you just sift it through your fingers, is fun! And then I made another double batch for tonight... and then I'll put it all into rolls , or 'logs' in the fridge, and make them a wee bit at a time, so they're always lovely and fresh! Yum! And that makes your house smell unbelievably delicious!!

Grocery Delivery! Yahoo!! 

This is so cool - let's say you've now been binge watching your fave shows, and you STILL have 4 more seasons left of your brand new-to-you show, soo you don't want to get up off the couch, but, also, you know you should probably get you' some groceries?

Problem - Solution! lol! 

Check and see if your area is covered by either VONS or Safeway... they cover some of the same areas, and some different areas - does that make sense? lol!

I loove this Delivery Service for Groceries and whatever you might need, right to your door, just in general, but what a great idea in bad weather, no more stooopid traffic, or if you're not feeling up to going out to the store, or you just don't feeeel like going out to the store...or if you're like me, and get so caught up in whatever you're working on, and don't want to stop just 'for food' - haha! And no need for Taxis, if you need to take a cab to the grocery store...that's a huge savings, right there, right?

Wow, Grocery Delivery Service - that's fantastico!! Yippee!!  Hello, Future - you look great! : )




I think this is such an amazing new service for your groceries - and anything you ever need from the grocery store - if you've ever had a time when you had a tiny baby, or you're super-busy (same thing - hahaha! All the New Moms will be laughing, now - lol!)..but if you're busy at work, or busy at home, or traffic, or you're busy binge-watching your favorite shows - hahahahaha! This might be the new wave of the future, right? Ordering your groceries online?

And I would imagine you would save a lot of money, since you would just buy what you actually need... might really work for dieting, too, since, well, if we're in the store, and be 'we', I mean 'me'...anyway, let's say I've got my grocery list, then I'm at the store, and I think, you know what, I'll just nick down the Candy Aisle, see if Chocolate is on sale (see how much I like Sale Chocolate - hahaha! Is it tastier, or just less expensive?? We'll never know! It's all gone, now - hahaha!)

Not that you couldn't just 'browse' for that, anyway... right? Me thinkin', now, o' course, where is the Sale Chocolate, online?? hahaha! But let's say you're you, and not me, and you have a LOT more self control than maybe ME do... so you order all the things you really wanted, and not just a whole cart full o' Wunderbars, on sale... hahahaha! Wouldn't THAT be fun - just a cartful of Sale Chocolate?? haha! Okay, clearly, me needs a treat! lol! : ) #SaleChocolate! Ha!

Shop Gifts Under $10 from See's Candies!Create your own Custom Chocolate Mix at See's Candies!  Okay, this is MY kind o' Luxury Reward - me always 'reward' mah'self wit' da delicious chocolates! hahaha!  I loove Sees Candies - soo deeelish! The Walnut Squares (#43 - is it bad for me to know the number?? hahahahaha!) (I've got your number..oooh, is it #43??  I hope so! lol!) Ooh, and I see that Sees has a sale, right now, Take $4 off of $20? Yahoo! Sale Chocolate - yes, please! haha! Yum! Don't mind if ah' do...lol! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment