Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cool and Delicious #MacaroniSalad - The Mustard makes all the difference : ) #LowFat #Veggies #Mustard

Deeeelicious Macaroni Salad

This is THE Best Macaroni Salad 

Light, Delicious, Low-Fat, Very Healthy - Yum! 

The Secret is the mustard, very little mayonnaise, and all of the crispy, fresh veggies! Yum! Soo deelish! I have it for pretty much every meal - and it makes soo much, I give most of it away - lol!

Ingredients:

4 Cups Macaroni  (Put the macaroni on to cook lightly - not too long, put in a sieve or strainer in the sink {how do you spell colindar? Nope... will go look it up - mostly for me, but maybe for you, to! lol!}, pour cold water on it, toss around to cool the macaroni down...)

1/4 to 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise


2/3 Cup Mustard (I am heavier on the Mustard -- it's delicious!)


2 tbsp. Montreal Steak Spice


Fresh Black Pepper and Salt to Taste (I like a LOT of Peper - yum!) 





Veggies:

1 Green Pepper, diced (Okay, now I think I use 3 Green Peppers)

1 Red Pepper, diced


1 Yellow Pepper, diced

1 Orange Pepper, diced (Realy, whatever's on sale! lol!)

2 Green Onions, chopped (Optional - the Red Onion is the flavor you're relaly after : )


1 Red Onion, diced (If it's huuuge, 1/2 a Red Onion, diced)


Whole Celery Stalk (The whole thing of Celery!), chopped (Yum, Celery!!)


2 - 3 tbsp. Relish


1 tbsp. Diced Dill Pickle (Optional -- I have to put it in because that's what Dwight's Mom used to use, so he likes it!)

(I add 1 of each color of Pepper I can find, so tonight I'm using 1 Green Pepper, 1 Red Pepper, and 1 Yellow Pepper -- just looks really pretty! lol!)



Step 1: Cook the Macaroni, then Drain and cool.
Step 2: Mix the Mayonnaise and the Mustard in a large Measuring Cup. Blend in Steak Spice.
Step 3: Prepare Veggies. Toss them into a big (and I mean BIG!) Bowl as you prepare each one.
Step 4: Pour the Mustard/Mayo Mixture onto the Veggies, and mix well.
Step 5: Slowly stir in the Macaroni. Sprinkle with Freshly Ground Pepper.
Step 6: Cover and pop in the Fridge. The colder, the better.

(Or you can add the Macaroni to the Veggies, then add the 'Sauce'. Just put in as much as you like -- I often have a bit left over, and I save that for Sandwiches, since it makes a nice Sandwich Spread, too!)

This is a great make-ahead dish for a BBQ.

I came up with this recipe when Dwight, my (ex)husband (back then... we're divorced, but friendly, now...), said he’d really looove some Macaroni Salad, and I had no idea how to make it, but I can’t stand the usual ‘mayo salad’ that is usually served, so I just started experimenting in the Kitchen (that’s basically how all my recipes are ‘born’! ha,ha!), and this is what I came up with – now it’s a family favorite! We even eat this for Breakfast! I happen to love lots of ground pepper on mine and a wee dash of salt, but it’s personal taste, so add it if you love it!

 ** 

 ** 



 ** ** 





This is just delicious! Nice and Crunchy and Cool ... a very nice Summer Dish (although I'm making this, right now, in the middle of the Winter -- I have a craving for crisp, cool, delicious vegetables, and this Macaroni Salad is addictive, it's sooo crazy good! I often end up having it for lunch, dinner, breakfast.... snacks... uh, I think you can see where I'm going with that! lol!!) And it's a real 'Crowd Pleaser', too!



Don't let this picture fool you - this is a GIANT bowl - AND, I had another couple of bowls in the fridge... so, it makes a massive amount of Macaroni salad - yum! : )



Switch to AT&T and get the new Galaxy S6 plus a $100 Bill Credit when you add a new line of service on AT&T Next.

No comments:

Post a Comment