Tuesday, November 16, 2010

#DACA Illegal Immigrants Get State Residency Rate in California

DACA Illegal Immigrants Get State Residency Rate in California???
http://msnbc.newsvine.com/_question/2010/11/15/5471156-should-illegal-immigrants-be-eligible-for-in-state-tuition-rates-at-state-colleges-and-universities
I'm posting this feed to Newsvine because this is soo annoying for me.  We are LEGAL Residents of California, here from Canada, and my own daughter cannot attend college at the State Residency Rate -- we are required to pay the Immigrant Rate, which is THREE times the amount of the normal College Tuition Fees, what it would be for American Citizens from out-of-state, not eve the California State Residency Rate, minimally, which means that on my tiny teacher's salary, I cannot afford to send my own LEGAL child to college in America, so, frankly, this new idea sucks... unless LEGAL Immigrants are granted the same, or at least equal, status.

No comments:

Post a Comment