Monday, September 2, 2013

Signs You Should Skip a Meeting...lol!

So I was all set to go to this fancy meeting, tomorrow night, today I get an email reminder of said meeting, and it says, remember to wear all white!  What the helll??  Wear all white?? Why, is it a cult, and we're all ascending to heaven, tomorrow?  Is it P. Diddy's White Party?? Yeah, I don't think so... how crazy is that? Then it took me ages to figure out how to remove my Yes to the RSVP - took me soo long to finally find a No button - so crazy!

And I was really looking forward to the meeting, right up until the semi-cult invitation - this is a group I've just recently heard about, supposed to be for entrepreneurs, I thought, oh, maybe I'd hear something interesting, maybe I'll meet like-minded people, make some good business contacts, but what was with this whole 'wear white' thing??  What on earth??  What kind of crazy is that??  Were we gonna have a surprise group wedding??  Surprise!!  You're wedded in a cult... creepy... and it was pretty funny I was in such a panic to get out of it... the first thing I read about it was all about talking about business with a beer on the side - that sounded good - beer AND business, now that's a good business meeting... but Wear White?? That's horrifying... and super-weird... will add that to the list of 'Things I will skip'! lol!

Too bad, I really did want to find some new people to chat about business, with, see what kind of opportunities are out there, what other people are finding successful - but, now that I think of it, maybe the people at the super-weird 'wear white to the meeting' aren't exactly fully successful, just yet?? hahaha!  Perhaps not?? hahaha!  Okay, that makes me laugh... whatevs, I'm gonna have to go back to the whole 'What's for you'll no go by you'... I've made that more 'people friendly', it's really, "Wha's for ye'll no go by ye"... little more old fashioned, and Scottish, but it sure gets me through some tricky times.... I'm sure I'll find a good business that actually brings in a solid income without a huge overhead... the dream of every business owner! lol!

If you're thinking about starting your own business, let me know all about it! I love to hear a great story! Good Luck! Ailsa : )

No comments:

Post a Comment