Sunday, September 6, 2015

Omg, is soo much work removing the old Amazon ads... why they do that?? Booo! #html #htmlCode


So, if you've been on mah' blog, in the last little while, and seen a bit where me all mad about having to go through and remove all the old Amazon ads... this is why it's soo hard.

Amazon made the decision to make any of the 'banner' ads from before 2013, I think, obsolete - and a Banner ad is an advertisement that has a picture, so I like the banner ads a lot, right? Especially for books, because you can quickly scroll through my Favorite Book Page, see what books are my favourites (I switch the spelling from Canadian to American, every so often...we have extra 'u's', and is better for mah' Readers - and the Crawlers, scanning mah' blog, see what's new - the Computer Crawlers, Spiders.. not people! Although, frankly, that would totally make me laugh! hahaha!) They make it easier for my Readers (that's YOU, you lovely thing, you! lol!) to see what they might like, go in and have a peep at the product, or whatever it is I've got an ad for....

Anyway, I have no idea why Amazon thought this was a great idea, and went ahead and implemented it. And why you can't just easily delete an Amazon Ad... it's like the html code is embedded in the rest of your page's code (I've got a bad code... different, and much more annoying, than, "I've got a bad cold" ... hahahah! A little coding humor, there - did you like that? haha! Oh, no? hahaha! Even better! So silly! lol!)

Also, and I do not know why this is the case, but I used to make some money from sales on my amazon ads, would just have any earnings put straight on Gift Cards - was so functional... it was never a lot of money, but, you know, a little, but over the past 2 years, at least, nothing.  Nada. 

And I don't know why... so that's when I decided to keep the Amazon Ads, in case they ever DID start to work, and they're all through my site and blog, so would be soo much work to remove them... and the Text links stayed live, soo, there's that, but what a massive, and seemingly unnecessary, amount of work for webmasters...

Sooo, here's what makes it so damn hard to remove.. a normal Banner Ad is super easy to remove... you just click on it, when you're working on your site or blog, Backspace or Remove... super easy, but in order to remove the Amazon Banner ads, you have to carefully go through all the html...is painful - so hard on your eyes! Boooo!! So much work for this! Boooo!


 You know what? It's WAAAY easier to make money on Real Estate, than online - lol!


Okay, here it is...and this is a tiny portion of the page I'm working on... see how much crazy work??  Boooo!!! Amazon, whatdahellz??

Okay, back to 'work', for me - and NO profits?? Boooo!! Bleah! The Secret Life of a Blogger - bah'hahahaah!  Dammit, I just tried to highlight the bit I have to look for, and it wouldn't let me, because that changed the html code.. it won't let me, at all, so, really, I have to scan through to see the beginning and end of iframe - hope it even lets me write that.. I never realized, before, that writing html code in your normal side of writing your blog, or site (Compose box), would disallow the html code - who knew??)

All right, man, this is so much work... and I look for the numbers for the size of the banner ad box, typically 245 and 131... those numbers are embedded in the html codes.. see what me means, so annoying?? When it should be set up like everyone else's ads, to just click and delete? Come on, Amazon, why all the extra work? Boooo!! Damn, just realized, when I 'Save' this, will it automatically convert the html code to the regular writing? hahaha!  Well, let's give it a try! lol!


DAMMMMIT!  I had a feeling it might automatically switch my html code over to something normal to read - so how do people post how to read or write html code??  Dammit!! So annoying! Bleaahh!!


I've just discovered John Updike's Licks of Love... don't let the title put you off, although, I guess if you're already a John Updike reader, it will just entice you even more! lol! But it has a Sequel, "Rabbit Remembered", which I was thrilled to find... a little bit of closure with Rabbit and his family...

If you're a big fan of Ellen Degeneres, but have never read her books, you're in for a treat. I am particularly fond of her Dog Sledding Adventures. Just thinking about it, now, makes me laugh! haha! Ellen Degeneres' Great Books -- they're absolutely hilarious! Laugh out loud funny! You'll love 'em. And they make great gifts.

My Point...and I Do Have One: I got two Copies of Ellen Degeneres' New Book for Christmas, and this is one of the funniest books I've ever read -- and I've read a lot of hilarious books! It's hysterical -- it would be fun to read it in public, since you won't be able to stop laughing, and that'll be amusing all by itself! ha,ha,ha!







Dave Barry is another Writer that I just adore. His stuff is hysterical. I love it all. I am particularly fond of his





stories that include his Two Dogs -- Dave Barry's  main dog and the auxiliary dog... laugh out loud funny!

Breastfeeding (or Nursing) is a huge issue for me -- I believe in it very strongly. Just think how much healthier we would all be as a society if the vast majority of our Babies were Breastfed... Our Health Care System would benefit greatly, because it sets the child up for a much healthier life. (Just to prevent any annoying Lawsuit, these are my own thoughts, and the whole thing is a matter of personal choice...) Anyway, it's great for the Mother (and Father!) and, of course, the sweet little Baby, and the Le Leche League Book was the












No comments:

Post a Comment