Saturday, December 18, 2010

#Kindle is the COOLEST thing, EVER!! #BookDeals #KindleBooks

So here's the gift I'm crazy-in-love with, right now. I got my daughter, Cara, a Kindle for Christmas (no worries -- she knows! I let her open it to make sure everything was fine, and so Cara could change the registration to her own name and Amazon account, so she did that, today, and started to download some books onto her new Kindle for Christmas Morning. I was looking at the Kindle, tonight, and it is, bar none, the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I'm gonna get one for my Mum and Dad, too (also, not to worry -- they don't read my site! haha!). Did you know you can download up to 3,500 books onto Kindle?? And there are 16,000 books available FOR FREE (if you know me even a little, you'll know I loove the word, 'Free'!! haha! You know how people winning awards always say, 'You had me at 'Hello'??' haha! Well, for me, 'You had me at 'free'!! lol! And Cara was telling me that Amazon releases 40 new books per month, boks that you would normally buy, so you don't have to pay for those ones, then they put up a fresh new 40 books each month... hmmm. I think I shouldn't have taken dat cough medicine before started writing... that last bit seemed a bit odd, but now (or poorly worded -- sowwwy!!), but I'm far to lazy/tired/stressed out about work to go back and fix it... I knows fer sures me favourite Computer Friend (dat YOU, babycakes!! haha!) can figure me out... chances are high that you mightta taken a little something, yourself, before you turned on youse computer, too! hahahaha! (Oh, you know that makes me laugh!)(and that's not just the cough syrup talkin', neither!! lol!)

Man, I had a direct link for you to get to the Kindle, too, but I canny remember what I did with it.. I thought I put it on my books page, because I was making reference to Kathy Griffin's hilarious book, and the links were connected to that... ah, well. I'll find it one day... maybe tomorrow! Oh, and did you know you can turn the Kindle on it's side (I'm not clear on this, so this I need to investigate/see it for meself) and make a magic wish, and the Kindle will read the book out loud to you!! Oh My God. That is the COOLEST thing, ever. I teach Special Education, and this would be amazing for them -- any book they would like to read is now at their fingertips -- that's a total miracle! And if you are driving, and want to have a book read to you, you no longer have to enlist some boring friend to read it out loud to you! hahaha! Oh, and get this... the Kindle has a built in dictionary, so when you're reading along and come to a word you're not sure of, you click on the word and the definition comes up -- OMG!!! Say it ain't so!! It's an English Teacher's DREAM!! It's anyone who loves to read, or has ever opened a book (!)'s dream!! haha! It feels great in your hands, too -- they must have worked soo hard to make it feel like a regular book reading experience -- sooo cool! The Kindle is the coolest thing out there! Cara's been making her own Kindle Covers, too -- they're really easy to make... a nice little project you can try when you get your new Kindle!! haha!


After you get your Kindle, it is sooo much fun to browse through all the books... there are soo many books for FREE (yippee!), that you can download right onto your Kindle from Amazon. One of my favorite things is this 'Sample' section, where you choose any book you might like to have a wee look at before you buy it... soo much fun! You get the first 5 - 10 pages (I think the author might decide.. who knows this sort of technical information -- clearly, no' me! haha!).

Anyway, last night, we were playing around with Cara's Kindle, and she put it on 'Text to Speech', where the Kindle will read out loud to you -- hilarious! Of course, I chose a male voice to read a female author's book (yep, that's what I'm like... anything for a laugh!), so I was listening/reading the Sample of You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start in the Morning (funny!), by Celia Rivenbark.. oooh, soo funny! She is an hilarious writer, and new for me, so all very exciting to discover a new funny person!


You can listen to pretty much any book, though... don't wait 'til you're in the car, driving to nowhere, just so you can listen to your new Kindle! hahaha! (this is something I would be likely to do, but the chances are high that I would 'accidentally' be driving to Vegas! hahaha! What, how did I wake up in Vegas (again?? hahaha!)

Have fun with your new Kindle!! Your Friend in Kindle, Ailsa xox!

No comments:

Post a Comment