Thursday, December 16, 2010

Survivor Nicaragua: Jane Voted Out!

Wednesday, December 15th, 2010... Wow, canny believe it's the 15th, already -- only 10 days 'til Christmas!! Yahoo!!! Are you all set? Got all your gifts?? I always get to the point where I make the declaration to everyone, 'That's it! That's too many gifts! No more Gifts!! I'm not doing ANY more shopping!', then the next thing you know, I'm in yet another store, finding 'the perfect' gift for Cara! haha! Aidan (my wonderful 11 year old son) is waaay less likely to get an impromtu gift from me, because, for the life of me, I cannot tell any of his toys apart... they all look the same to me. He is crazy about Lego, loooves Video Games, loves Wii Games... poor Aidan -- even his books seem the same to me! I have to take Aidan with me to pick out most of his own stuff, since he can remember the tiniest detail of every single toy he owns, and find one with a slight difference... and the Lego is hilarious, because he's desperate for the new Lego, and the big boxes of Lego are, like, $84.99, if you're lucky, and he has the whole thing done in under an hour, then it's carefully put away, where he will occasionally look at it, but he loves it just the same...

So here's the gift I'm crazy-in-love with, right now. I got my daughter, Cara, a Kindle for Christmas (no worries -- she knows! I let her open it to make sure everything was fine, and so Cara could change the registration to her own name and Amazon account, so she did that, today, and started to download some books onto her new Kindle for Christmas Morning. I was looking at the Kindle, tonight, and it is, bar none, the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I'm gonna get one for my Mum and Dad, too (also, not to worry -- they don't read my site! haha!). Did you know you can download up to 3,500 books onto Kindle?? And there are 16,000 books available FOR FREE (if you know me even a little, you'll know I loove the word, 'Free'!! haha! You know how people winning awards always say, 'You had me at 'Hello'??' haha! Well, for me, 'You had me at 'free'!! lol! And Cara was telling me that Amazon releases 40 new books per month, boks that you would normally buy, so you don't have to pay for those ones, then they put up a fresh new 40 books each month... hmmm. I think I shouldn't have taken dat cough medicine before started writing... that last bit seemed a bit odd, but now (or poorly worded -- sowwwy!!), but I'm far to lazy/tired/stressed out about work to go back and fix it... I knows fer sures me favourite Computer Friend (dat YOU, babycakes!! haha!) can figure me out... chances are high that you mightta taken a little something, yourself, before you turned on youse computer, too! hahahaha! (Oh, you know that makes me laugh!)
(and that's not just the cough syrup talkin', neither!! lol!)

Man, I had a direct link for you to get to the Kindle, too, but I canny remember what I did with it.. I thought I put it on my books page, because I was making reference to Kathy Griffin's hilarious book, and the links were connected to that... ah, well. I'll find it one day... maybe tomorrow! Oh, and did you know you can turn the Kindle on it's side (I'm not clear on this, so this I need to investigate/see it for meself) and make a magic wish, and the Kindle will read the book out loud to you!! Oh My God. That is the COOLEST thing, ever. I teach Special Education, and this would be amazing for them -- any book they would like to read is now at their fingertips -- that's a total miracle! And if you are driving, and want to have a book read to you, you no longer have to enlist some boring friend to read it out loud to you! hahaha! Oh, and get this... the Kindle has a built in dictionary, so when you're reading along and come to a word you're not sure of, you click on the word and the definition comes up -- OMG!!! Say it ain't so!! It's an English Teacher's DREAM!! It's anyone who loves to read, or has ever opened a book (!)'s dream!! haha! It feels great in your hands, too -- they must have worked soo hard to make it feel like a regular book reading experience -- sooo cool! The Kindle is the coolest thing out there! Cara's been making her own Kindle Covers, too -- they're really easy to make... a nice little project you can try when you get your new Kindle!! haha!

So they finally voted Jane off on Survivor, tonight... but did you happen to see the little blurb at the end, when they show who voted for which castaway?? Jane voted for SASH, after everything Jeff Probst said about having a 3 - 3 tie... now that was more telling for me than anything have seen Jane do throughout the game, and no wonder Danny and Fabio still went ahead and put her name down... and I'm pretty sure Chase will be safe enough to return home to North Carolina, even if he DID write Jane's name down... it's a GAME... but I loved when all the loved ones came on the show -- Fabio (now we know his real name is Judd -- had completely forgotten that! haha!), loooves his Mom, so we love him even more, now, and really want him to win the million dollars, but I looved it when Danny's son kept kissing his Dad. That was soo sweet. Now I don't even mind if Danny wins the million dollars!! haha!

Otay, I gotsta bounce, baby! Enjoy the after-affects of whatever you've been up to!! lol! And dinny forget to watch the Season Finale of Survivor on Sunday night.... and Bridal Plasty is on that night, too, so that gives me something sweeet to look forward to! (get past my particularly horrible week... but soon I feel like I will be free, myself, and I think the first thing I want to do is build a nice, pretty, two-storey house in Canada... Belleville, Ontario, Canada, to be exact. I used to think I wanted to re-build the house on this website (it's all mine, baby...!!), but I think if I want to go back to being a house builder (which is a shame, in a way, since I loove teaching, but I can't deal with the politics, any more.... it's killing me. My heart is racing, I spent a good portion of today in tears -- and I'm not paid enough to even cover my regular expenses, so, you know, it's hard to justify it, any longer... what happened to the days when teachers were treated with respect? When did it become such a political mess?? Man, there's soo much training to become a teacher (I've been a teacher for 26 years, now, yet am still only 32! haha! I kid! I'm 47! Silly! I just like to look like I might be 32, if, say, you took your glasses off! hahaha!), but they should tell you the students are the best part, and the politics of teaching can be a total nightmare... Night night!! Nighty Night! You know you're my favorite!! Ailsa xox!

No comments:

Post a Comment